Complaints procedure


Making a complaint: 

If you feel the issue you wish to complain about can be resolved with us, please contact us and ask to speak to the Superintendent Pharmacist: Mr Taif Murtadah, or write your complaint in a letter and send it to the pharmacy at 4 The Heights, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 5NX 

Alternatively we also operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system of dealing with complaints. Our procedure meets national criteria & our Pharmacist can give you further information. You can also raise your concerns by getting in touch with regulatory bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.  

Read more about this in other options for complaints. 

PALS – Patient Advice and Liaison Service 

You may also seek advice from your local Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). PALS are not part of the complaints procedure itself but they might be able to resolve your concerns informally or they can tell you more about the complaints procedure and independent complaints advocacy services.  

PALS offer confidential advice, support and information on health related matters. They provide a point of contact for patients, their families and their carters. 

Find out more about the Patient Advice and Liaison Service here 

The Independent Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman 

Most of us use the NHS at some point in our lives and many of us use them quite regularly. The NHS work hard to make sure that people are satisfied with their services and receive good quality treatment.  

But things can go wrong! By raising your concerns you can help put things right and the NHS can learn from your experience. You may want to complain about a service you have received from the NHS, or you might want to complain on someone else’s behalf. There are different ways to do this: 

If you are not happy with the service you received at your pharmacy, speak or write to our pharmacist in the first instance. If you’re not satisfied with the way the pharmacist or pharmacy has dealt with your complaint, you can take your complaint to the Independent Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman 

If you feel uncomfortable complaining to the pharmacist directly, you can make a complaint to NHS England. 

Find out more about the NHS complaints procedure here 

The General Pharmaceutical Council 

If you have any concerns about a professional’s (pharmacist, pharmacy technician or pharmacy owner) ability to practise, you could contact the General Pharmaceutical Council. 

Fitness to practise refers to the skills, knowledge, character and health a pharmacy professional must have to do their job safely and effectively. For more information, visit the General Pharmaceutical Council website